Vegas has always been on my bucket list and I was so excited to be going there on our U.S. trip. My one concern: would the kids have a good time too?
It’s fair to say that Vegas isn’t entirely kid friendly. For example our kids had to walk through a busy casino floor with us to reach the hotel elevators. I even went back to reception to double check that we could walk through the casino with the kids – no way we could do that in Australia! I was however genuinely surprised to discover that there were some great kid friendly activities.
Here are my top 5 kid friendly activities in Vegas from top right:
1) Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay: despite there being a huge line to get into the aquarium (it took about 20mins to get in) the kids really enjoyed this attraction. The aquarium displays are visually spectacular with the theme of an ancient temple slowly being claimed by the sea. My two year old could have sat for hours and watched the Sharks. Check it out HERE
2) M&M World: this chocolate heaven is spread out over 4 floors for the kids to explore. Make your own m&ms, shop for souvenirs and you might even get to meet Red & Yellow 😉 Take a look HERE
3) Fountains of Bellagio: this mesmerising display will capture the kids attention and imagination. Free shows run throughout the day – for times see HERE
4) Grand Canyon tour with Maverick Helicopters: I recently wrote about our trip to the Grand Canyon – you can read about it HERE. It was an awesome day out and one the kids will never forget. For more information on Maverick Helicopters see HERE
5) Las Vegas Monorail: the free monorail service is a great alternative to catching taxis around and fantastic for tired little feet. My kids enjoyed the novelty of riding the monorail with the added bonus of an elevated view of the city. Check out the schedule HERE
Do you have any kid friendly activities to add?